Haugland Brothers provides professional deck staining services to families throughout Countryside, IL, and the surrounding suburbs.
Deck staining is an essential aspect of maintaining your outdoor living space. Over time, weather conditions can deteriorate the wood, causing it to lose its natural color and strength. Professional deck staining services offer a way to bring back the original luster of your deck and provide it with added protection from the elements.
The Importance of Professional Deck Staining
- Aesthetic Appeal: A freshly stained deck looks vibrant, new, and welcoming, adding aesthetic value to your home.
- Longevity: Quality staining products protect the wood from UV rays, moisture, and insects, increasing the lifespan of your deck.
- Safety: Weathered decks can become splintery and slippery. A good staining job can resolve these issues, making your deck safer.
- Property Value: A well-maintained deck can significantly boost the resale value of your property.
Our Professional Process
Before any work begins, one of our experts will inspect your deck to assess its current state and advise on the best action. At Haugland Brothers, our professional deck staining services generally include:
- Cleaning & Surface Preparation
- Pressure Washing: This removes dirt, mildew, and old stain, preparing the wood for new stain.
- Sanding: Professionals may sand the surface to remove any loose wood fibers and provide a smooth base for the stain.
- Type of Stain: There are various stains, including transparent, semi-transparent, and solid. The choice often depends on the age and condition of the wood.
- Application: The stain is meticulously applied, ensuring an even coat and proper penetration into the wood for long-lasting results.
- A protective sealant locks in the stain and protects against the elements.
- Inspection & Quality Assurance
- After applying the stain and sealant, a final inspection is conducted to ensure the job meets quality standards.
Q: How often should I stain my deck?
A: Generally, decks should be stained every 2-5 years, depending on the type of stain used and exposure to weather.
Q: Can I stain a newly built deck immediately?
A: It’s usually recommended to wait a few months for the wood to properly dry out and become more porous, making it easier for the stain to penetrate.
Q: What’s the best time of year for deck staining?
A: Spring through fall, provided you have a few days of dry weather, are generally the best times to stain a deck.
Contact Haugland Brothers
When it comes to the care and maintenance of your deck, you want nothing but the best. At Haugland Brothers, our deck staining services provide precisely that — a blend of expertise, craftsmanship, and an unyielding commitment to customer satisfaction. With years of experience, our team ensures that every deck is treated as a unique project deserving the highest quality of service.